This came in today!
Not as great as the 1971 version (the illustrations in that one fold out and are therefore larger), but the designs are in my hands just the same!
F.H. af Chapman was a Swedish ship designer in the mid-late 1700’s.
Some facts about this genius fellow:
- Born September 9, 1721 in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Was inspired by his father and began working in shipyards, noticed that the technology was not improving and quit to study mathematics
- Learned copper etching
- 1760 in Sweden - became Master Shipbuilder at Sveaborg
- 1764 - Chief Shipbuilder to the Swedish Navy
- 1772 - knighted for his achievements
- 1779 - resigned, died in 1808